Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Thank you, please come again.

My 6 and a half years old son, Brendan, can read very well and he likes reading signboards, posters, names of shops and anything that captures his razor-sharp eyes whenever we are out for meals, shopping, or merely window-shopping. And yes, that includes receipts too!

The first time he saw a receipt with the words "Thank you, please come again", he said that we should go back again to the shop we were visiting. He kept insisting and reminding us to go to the shop again until daddy got fed-up and told him to just keep quiet. He then showed us the receipt and said that we really have to come back again as what was mentioned in the receipt (see pic below).


Nowadays, he'll still continue telling us that whenever he spots the words on our shopping receipts and then asked why would they want us to go back again?

Last night, we went to Tesco to do some grocery shopping and Brendan started screaming, "Mummy! Mummy! We must buy this and this and this and this!!" Oh well, of course I said "No" but he kept pushing for me to buy the various types of frozen food in the freezer and went on showing us what was shown on the freezer. The words "Must Buy" were pasted on it! Eryn quickly ran to the freezer and started spelling out the words loudly and joined in the chorus with her brother, "Must buy! Must buy!" hahahaha.


Brendan, ooooh Brendan!!

9 comments:

michelle@mybabybay said...

I guess now you have to teach them about ads. ;)

Alice Law said...

You have a very smart kid there! Should be proud of him, keep it up!Try to encourage him to read, talk and express his feeling more despite it would be a bit aggitating! ^-^

chanelwong said...

they are sooo smart...can read very well...

mom2ashleyaidan said...

like i said in FB, he's a potential shopaholic!:)

zmm said...

Haha.. it shows the marketting folks are doing a good job.

Very clever boy you have there. Zara isn't that keen on reading, unfortunately.

Babysmooches said...

Michelle, I think it' more like they're teaching me about ads :P
Alice, he can make me laugh when I'm angry and makes me angry when I'm happy and all these is because it's the way he sees things sometimes. hehe
Ooo, Dinah, I hope he won't be one! Otherwise, I'll become his banker.
Agnes, Zara says very cute and smart things too, from what I read in FB and ur blog ;-)

twin said...

hahahha he's really into signs eh. LOL.

mommy to chumsy said...

Hi there. Thanks for dropping by my blog :) Your son is very smart. I think if mine starts to read all the ads and ask me endless questions, i'll go bonkers :D

wen said...

same to my boy too and he even reads the comment i typed when i blog hop...
my girl has been asking me how to read the words that she spells out from signboards,etc everywhere

its similiar situation for us as our kids are of the same age..

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails