Sunday, October 5, 2008

Someone collapsed in front of me!

I'm feeling very tired right now, but I can't go to sleep. I keep thinking of that man that passed out right in front of my eyes.

I drove all the way from Johor to KL today. Hubby was tired, so I offered to drive. We had gone back to my hometown for the long Raya break. It was raining quite heavily on the highway and traffic was heavy too.

By the time we arrived KL, it was dinner time. Halfway through dinner, I noticed a man who walked towards our table in a drunkard way. I was observing him and saw that his face were red and his eyes were rolling and I thought that he was going to knock into our table and start vomitting on us.

*PLOP!* That man fell onto our table, knocked his head and collapsed. He lay on the floor under our table. My hubby, kids and I were extremely shocked! Everyone one were looking and I just didn't know what to do! His family members came over to him and suddenly, he just got up and stood up, took out his glasses, walked to his table and continued having his dinner with his family members all staring at him, and at us. He was totally ok after that. The waitress mentioned to us that he said he didn't know what happened cos when he opened his eyes, he realised he was lying on the floor under our table!!

Everyone was blurred as to what suddenly happened. It could be low blood pressure or a sign of more serious health problem to come for the man.. It's the first time I come across such a case like this. I happened to watch an episode on Grey's Anatomy of an elderly man who have the symptom of passing out and sitting up straight just after a few seconds. Can't really remember what's the condition called.

Here I am, wondering and thinking about life, once again. I thought someone died in front of me. It was scary. Life is just unpredictable sometimes. I've been taking my health for granted. I'd better start exercising.

10 comments:

Alicia said...

woh... sounded reli scary...hows ur children? r they traumatise?

Anonymous said...

ohoh, never thought of it,
hope you guys are feeling better now...
take care

michelle@mybabybay said...

If he is not drunk, he could be having vertigo. I get that if I get up too quickly but I don't black out.

Anonymous said...

hey.. this happened to my Dad one night, midnight to be exact. He went to the toilet, went plop and there he lay on the floor. He was dazed and couldn't recall what happened when he woke up upon hearing my mom "screaming". Doctor checked him, nothing wrong. His blood pressure was normal, blood sugar fine too. And, to top it all up, he's an athlete, very healthy lifestyle, does periodical checkup, donate blood etc etc and retired with lots of volunteer works to fill his time.

I am surprised to hear of another similar case.

MamaJo said...

Geeee...if I was you, I will be screaming loud....really scary....Don't he 'injure' himself??

jazzmint said...

wow....ermm...maybe he had a mild stroke?

Anonymous said...

wat puzzled me was why the family members acted like nothing happened one?

Chinneeq said...

sigh....my brother in law has the same problem too, while HE WAS DRIVING!! Thankfully he was not killed although accidents happened!

He has got epilepsy problem.

Anggie's Journal said...

oh.... sound scary ... how's the kids ??? hope they dun hv any nightmare !!

Very True, life is just unpredictable.. better now live a happy & healthy life.

Babysmooches said...

Thanks for your concern, alicia, martini and anggie.. We're all ok after that incident, but it took me a few days to get over it.

you could be right, michelle. But I read that it could be something other than just that blurness..

fantastic4, I think this sounds very much similar. Wierd huh?

Jo, I'm quite sure he's in pain, but he covered it up very well cos I think he's very embarassed as well.

Don't think it's mild stroke, Jazz cos he was walking and talking normally after that.

Actually, Wen, his family members were also stunned but didn't know how to response.

Gosh Chin Nee, how can your BIL drive in such incident? not only it's dangerous to his own life, but to those around him!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails