Friday, February 24, 2006

My last day at work

I have just came back from a good farewell lunch with some of my soon to-be-ex-colleagues.

People say that I've been having quite a cheerful outlook these past 2 weeks. And why not? I certainly have a light load lifted off my back. No more thinking about the dog-eat-dog world, at least for a while.... I've even managed to spend some good quality time at home with my kids as well.

My last day was supposed to be one week ago, but I have a few things to clear and till today, I have some good ol' clients calling me to ask for help and preferring me to stay on to service them.

I said that I'll still continue servicing them in my next job and that we should give the younger personnel a chance to learn. Most of my close colleagues know that I'm going while some newer ones either come and wish you the best and all those stuffs and some just wouldn't give a damn. Well, it sort of opened my eyes to see who are the ones who really wants me to go, I think.

Since the vss more than 2 months back, I actually forged closer friendships with some colleagues who actually got the vss. During the REAL working world, we didn't really have a chance to sit down and get to know each other personally. Some have become good friends.

We have always been one BIG happy family during our working times together until the "split". Unfortunately (haha, ya, that's unfortunately), I am one of those many who didn't get the vss. The company is good, but people are giving me an opportunity outside of this world. Despite the bosses urging me to stay, I thought over it and am taking the risk to go for another job.

I have mixed feelings. I haven't been sleeping well since I threw in my resignation letter. I've turned down many offers as well, wondering if I have made the right choice. Day in, day out, I listed down the pros and cons, the whys, when, what, etc.....

Then.........This may sound funny. I asked for two signs last week - signs to show whether I should go or stay. Believe it or not, on that day itself, I saw not two signs, but THREE! So, how wierd and eerie can that be?!

To my ex-colleagues (you know who you are)... thanks for the guide and wonderful years we've spent together as colleagues. The tons of laughters and sorrows we had, the ups and downs, the beautiful 'stress' and most of all your treasured friendships.

To my newer ex-colleagues (you know who you are too).. thanks for your new friendships. I've told some of you that you have BIG potential. So, go for it. You are the few ones who made a point to open your hearts out to me :-)

Someone said I should make sure I should not cry. Well, I didn't. In fact, I walked out with great confidence and a big smile on my face...

Like I said, our path will definitely cross again. Keep in touch.

10 comments:

Lazymama said...

I definitely know the feeling! All the best to you!

mom2ashley said...

it's good that you are walking out positively. will have good quality spent with the kiddos. what will you do next? planning on becoming SAHM?

Jess said...

All the best to u!
Not easy to make "big" decision ya!

geeth said...

Feeling good..
Best wishes to you...

Egghead said...

hehe... finally turning over a new leaf heh? brave choice!

good luck!

ZMM said...

Aha.. tht's nice to be able to stay at home with the kids.

It takes some courage to do this though.. good for you.

Tracy said...

It's always such a sad scene when u have to say 'sayonara' to ur colleagues. U'll still be able to contact them, rite?

Wah, really took u the courage to stand by the decision u have made. Going to be a SAHM? At least for the time being, u get the chance to spend time with ur kids.

Anyway, best wishes from me too.

Babysmooches said...

Jefferene, Thanks....

mom2ashley, not a SAHM definitely, can't afford that. But I have something in store, just gotta see how it goes.

Jesslyn, thanks to you too...

Geetha, yea.... must feel good man!

egghead, new leaf? not an easy choice...

zara's mama, not staying home lah, but having MORE time to be with kids I would say.

tracy, I'm just searching for that open door. not sure if the current door is the right one or not.

Chief said...

sometimes we asks for signs and don't expect them, guess the third one is just to make sure you get it loud and clear !
all the best, keep in touch

Babysmooches said...

Chief, you too. keep me informed of your next steps too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails