Wednesday, December 7, 2005

DIY popiah


DH is a popiah lover (the wet one, not the fried one) and has made us all his Kelantanese-style popiah which turns out to be quite ok, but soggy at times.

Three weeks back, I had the opportunity to eat one of
my friend's cum ex-classmate's
mothers special homemade popiah. I've tasted it once before when I was still in school. So, this time, she invited me over to her house and boy, it was just as good as ever. The secret to the delicious popiah lies in the individual cooking of each single ingredients, supplemented by the very shiok homemade chilli sauce, pounded kacang, fried shallots and of course the prawn paste. There were the usual taugeh, long beans, fried egg, grated turnip with carrot, cucumber, tauhu, prawn, mushroom and a very, very nice braised pork dish.

The technique of folding the popiah itself requires some skill. Boy, thinking of it makes me hungry now.


13 comments:

ZMM said...

aiyo..
I had a pohpiah party for Zara when she turned one just 2 weeks ago..

But now, see your pohpiah photo, I feel like having another party liao..

I really love home made pohpiah one leh..

King's wife said...

can never get bored with it. Even just the skin alone is yummy...

Babysmooches said...

yummy yum. I think this weekend, I'm going to make popiah too.

Egghead said...

Wah lao! looks delicious and yet complicated to make leh!

I'll just sit back and wait for some to be served on a plate :P

Jess said...

I yet to try making "wet pohpiah"..but need lots of ingrediensts le!!

Babysmooches said...

egghead, ni man-man den lah.

Jesslyn, there's really lots of ingredients, but the outcome is shiok.

Princess Mom said...

OK, what time shall we come over this Sunday for popiah tasting?

Babysmooches said...

Sunday? where? I wanna go to? hehehe

Princess Mom said...

Errr, Brendan sent a sms to Harvynna inviting the whole family over!

Babysmooches said...

Oh, I see... and harvynna replied that she's preparing the food for everyone. :D

mom2ashley said...

looks yummy! i have no culinary skills whatsoever!

Tracy said...

Yummy, yummy, looks so delicious and soooo colourful. Wow, with so many ingredients, I bet the popiah must be a very 'fat' looking one. Must get someone to teach me make popiah liao (makes me drool only).

jazzmint said...

wahh..yummy lehh...mana recipe?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails