Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Steamboat at home..

Once in a blue moon, we like to have a steamboat meal at home. Hubby will normally get the ingredients from the morning market consisting of prawns, various types of fishballs, dumplings, vegetables, mushrooms, etc..

I will boil the stocks using fish bones, chicken or pork bone, garlic, celery stalk and half a handful of tai-tou-choy (big head dried veg) and cook some rice. I’ll make my own chilli dip which I’ve yet to master the right texture and taste.

We always start with the prawns, fishballs and lots of pre-fried shallots and shallot oil to give the soup more oomph! before continuing with the other ingredients. Spring onions, parsley are optional as the kids dislike the taste.

We normally end the meal by adding the cooked rice into the soup with an egg in it to be made into a delicious and sweet porridge. Mmm….. simply refreshing and yummy!




7 comments:

Anonymous said...

eh-where's my invitation?

Anonymous said...

yum yum, it's one of my favourite food. I don't have steam boat for quite long already...

MamaJo said...

Steamboat, just out from my menu list...as hubby just can't have it....

Alicia said...

it has been awhile since we had our steamboat... looks so yummy

slavemom said...

So nice to hv steamboat when it's a cold day. mmmm...
1st time I hear ppl put in rice at the end to make porridge, normally we're given noodles at the shop. Must be jes as yummy with the sweet n tasty soup.

Anonymous said...

Good idea with the rice at the end of a satisfying meal :D

Babysmooches said...

yes, rice makes a good company at the end, cos the rice will absorb all the soup, making it very yummy. The kids love it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails