Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Merdeka!

With Merdeka round the corner, I don't know if Merdeka means anything to the kids now since they're still too young to even know about the world. They only know merdeka when they see Malaysia flag.

With the current situation in the company, I reserve my comments on my feelings and thoughts on the current development.

However, over the weekend, I had a good long chat with both my mum and my second eldest cousin. My maternal grandparents, had 15 children, of which 13 survived.

My mum and my second cousin talked about how tough life was during the Japanese occupation. My grandpa came all the way to China and worked his way through to support his family here in Malaysia and his siblings and parents back in China. No subsidies, no outside help. Life was tough. They stayed in the jungle, and had many encounters with the gurkhas, the Japanese soldiers, the British soldiers, and the danger the lurks everywhere around them - poisonous snakes, hornets, bobby traps, etc.

Merdeka truly meant a lot to people like them where they saw the development of the countries and now enjoy life to the fullest.

People nowadays are just spoilt for choices. Talking about human rights and this rights and that rights, but forgetting the reason and the strength that brought us so far.. Hope the unity of one single Malaysian race won't be forgotten...

Still, here's wishing everyone, especially to the older generation who saw through the pre-independence days.... "Selamat Hari Merdeka"


4 comments:

MamaJo said...

Till today, I still haven't bring my kids to see Tugu Negara lor...

cre8tone said...

Erm.. I can't even recall, hv I went there b4? Mayb I'll bring my son go someday.. hahahaha

slavemom said...

XY has just learnt abt National Day in kindy n she confuses it with the Lantern Fest. hahaha
Selamat Hari Merdeka to u too!

Babysmooches said...

there's a park near Tugu Negara I think. We went there also because we brought our overseas friends there :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails