Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Pea eggplant

My mum is a garden herbs enthusiast. Recently she showed me a cluster of tiny green peas look-alike fruit which she claims is good for anaemia. She's now planting it in her mini-herbs garden.

I did some finding and realised that the round pea -shaped fruit is known as pea eggplant (or Solanum torvum).

Apparently, some people cook this in their curry.

I'm keen to know more about this if anyone can provide some medicinal info and cooking method on this.

The skin seems a little tougher than the normal brinjal, probably due to its size, and the taste is somewhat bitter.

2 comments:

Wen said...

saya tak tau itu apa ler..hehe

Anonymous said...

Hmm... no idea about this plant...

My mum says normally Indians use this in their cooking..

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails