Thursday, January 12, 2012

Of sperms, eggs and balls...

I was sitting on my notebook with Brendan (age 8+) beside me doing his homework while Eryn (age 6 1/2) was reading a book.

Suddenly, this conversation came up :

Eryn        : mummy, my egg is here right? (pointing below her belly button)
Mummy  : Huh?
Eryn        : There, you see, (pointing to a kids Biology book, as per picture below),
                  this is an egg.
Brendan : Oh, I know, it's where the sperm swims towards the egg.
Mummy  : *eyes big big* (double) HUH?!


Oh well,  and that’s how I realised I had to get started on my basic introduction about the birds and the bees. I asked if they really know what are the sperms and eggs for and this is how to conversation went on :

Eryn        : The sperm is in the boy’s kukubird
Brendan : Ya, and the egg is inside the girl’s body.
Mummy  : Yes, and when the sperm meets the egg, you can have a baby.
                  And it is very important that you must understand.


And then, the conversation got really funny :

Brendan : How can the sperm go to the egg? The sperm is in my 'kukubird' lah.
Eryn        : Hahahahaha......
Brendan : So, you better don’t touch my sperm. Actually, the sperm is my two balls.
Mummy  : *eyes rolling and controlling laughter*
Eryn        : You see this book (pointing to the picture below), sperm plus egg equals
                  baby in the womb.
Brendan : Mummy, do you know that it is very dangerous if a boy only has one ball?
                  He can die one you know.


Oh well, that’s all on the so-called basic sex education. This was really getting nowhere. Besides, I was so tired to be able to do any proper explanation as it was nearing bed time for the kids.

This is the cover of the book. A very, very good book which I bought in the last Big, Bad Wolf sale. It covers mostly on the human body and the kids learnt a lot from there.



5 comments:

ZMM said...

Haha..
So you didn't have to get into the details of how to let the sperm meet the egg yet.

I shared that with my girls and they went EWWWWWWWWW..

ZMM said...

Haha.. so you didn't have to share how the sperm meet the egg yet?

I shared with my girls and they went 'ewwwwww'...

But I don't think the little one understand what it means yet.

Babysmooches said...

Agnes, No!! hahaha... I didn't get into details on how the sperm gets out from the body, yet.

chinnee (chinneeq@gmail.com) said...

i did once tell qiqi how papa and mama hug-hug on bed after married, then the sperm meets the egg. BUT, only can do that after married ooo...doubt she understand, hahaha...

Health Freak Mommy said...

I still have yet to explain the bees and the birds to my girls. I remember my mum explained this to me when I was 8YO and I went to the school to tell everybody about it and we all laughed about it. Errr, so I am still not sure if I shd tell now or later :S

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails