Sunday, November 4, 2007

What the "F"?

No, that's not the four-letter word I'm trying to input here.


Lately, Eryn has the tendency to add an "F" in front of some words. She will go around saying the words "Funtie" (as in auntie) and "Funcle" (as in uncle). I'm not sure how fun this is cos I do worried whether her speech has changed to be more complicated. And then there's the "Fupstairs (for upstairs), "Fouuside" (for outside) and "Fie" (for I).


And she will also drag the "F" a little longer like "Fffffuntie" or "Fffffuncle".


For a girl her age, her communication skills is quite advance. So, I do wonder whether she's getting too advance until her words are now all jumbled up. When I correct her, she will say them correctly, but there are times, those "F" just can't seem to get away...


When we ask her what her what is her name? She used to say, "Jing Jong Jing" but now she knows how to say it correctly, i,.e. Lim Shu Jynn. When she thinks it's funny, she'll go back and say "Jing Jong Jing" again and starts laughing. I thought that was cheeky... but not the "Funtie" and "Funcle"..

6 comments:

jazzmint said...

hahaha that's really fun

Anonymous said...

lol! funny! first time i geard of this!

MamaJo said...

I guess it is a phrase that she discover new pronounciation....you just need to correct her, and she will remember it...like her name...

Anonymous said...

hahaha sounds comical ... LOL

Anonymous said...

she is very creative lah, she knows how to combine "F" with the words :)

Babysmooches said...

It was funny at first, but then I got worried when she kept saying that. However, just yesterday, she just said "Mummy, not Funtie....Auntie" and then later she said "Mummt, not Funcle,.....Uncle"....

Phew! For a few weeks, she got me thinking about her speech.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails