So, this afternoon, DH spread his love (and flour) in the kitchen and he made pizza dough using our faithful breadmaker machine. I was a little doubtful as to whether his dough base will turn out well. So, I sat there quietly, observing the chef' at work while I was snickering away.
We didn't have much ingredients and decided to make do with what we have.
It turned out pretty well! I'm impressed! Thank you DH! *yummy*
Here's DH's dough recipe for 2 large pizza (12" pizzas each), taken from a recipe book :
- 280ml water
- 30ml extra virgin olive oil
- 450gm unbleached white bread flour
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp easy back dried yeast.
- Pour water and olive oil into our breadmaker machine, followed by flour on top the water and olive oil.
- Add salt and sugar in 2 different corners, yeast in a dent in the middle.
- Mix using pizza dough setting.
- DH divided the dough into two and 'whacked' each dough on the table like there's no tomorrow.
- DH spread the dough onto the pan and spread it with tomato paste and sprinkle it with ingredients* of your choice. For cheese, we use mozarella cheese. We sprinkle mixed pizza herbs on top.
- Bake in preheat 220 degrees C oven for approximately 20 minutes.
|Chef at work|
|Mini-chef assisting in the sprinkling of mozarella cheese|
|Leggo's tomato paste and Tesco mixed herbs DH used for our pizza|