Saturday, August 13, 2005

AdBall 2005


Just came back from Adball. This year's theme was "Studio 54" , themed after the legendary famous nightclub in New York in the 1970's It was literally the home of the rich and famous. It was held at its usual place, Shangri-La Hotel. Upon reaching there, I was swarmed with tons of people in Afro hairdos, plastic-framed shades, bell-bottoms, platform shoes and other retro fashions, with glittery neon lights.

AdBall is an annual function organised by MAA (Malaysian Advertisers Association) and being in the media line, you get to see lots of sporting people attending the dinner function.

Anyway, my colleagues and I were there. I think I've reached the stage of getting older coz' my party mood wasn't really there. It was a fun night though.

My colleagues and I came dressed up. One of my colleagues was dressed in an Elvis suit, one in Austin Powers, my CFO came as Dr. Evil, my boss in some retro hairdo. I chose a short white bobwig, with big shades, shiny top and a bell-bottom pants.

It was quite a fun night, but I think I've reached the stage of getting old coz' my party mood wasn't really there. I left earlier while my colleagues boogey the night away.




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails